Meet Our Team
Midwest has an exceptional team of professionals that is dedicated to helping you achieve your investment goals and committed to providing you with the highest level of service.
James W. Byrd
President & Chief Investment Officer
- Forty-four years of experience, including positions at Continental Illinois National Bank, Kidder Peabody & Company, Shearson Lehman Hutton, Inc., and Robert W. Baird & Company.
- Taught Finance and Accounting in graduate and undergraduate programs at Cardinal Stritch College.
- Provided consulting services to health care and insurance organizations, and to trust departments of national banks.
- Served two years in U.S. Peace Corps in Central America as Community Development Specialist.
- Advisory Council member at Wisconsin Foundation for School Music.
- Master of Management degree, specializing in Finance and Accounting, from Northwestern University and Bachelor of Arts degree, specializing in Spanish and Latin American Studies, from Carthage College.
Patrick J. Sullivan
- Thirty-three years of experience, including various positions at the Chemical Investment Group (New York, NY), Meridian Asset Management (Malvern, PA), Farrell SL Asset Management (New York, NY), and Mutual of America Capital Management (New York, NY).
- Fundraising committee member at the Ability Beyond Foundation.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, specializing in Psychology, from Marquette University.
Raymond H. Purdy, M.D.
- Thirty-seven years of experience, including private practice in Internal Medicine, Surgical Internship at Gundersen Medical Clinic, and Internal Medicine Residency at University of Wisconsin.
- Former member of Himalayan Rescue Association, Wilderness Medical Society, and University of Wisconsin Medflight Trauma Department.
- Medical degree from Vanderbilt University, and Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture from the University of Missouri.
Michael C. Adler
- Thirty-two years of experience, including positions at M. C. Adler Insurance & Financial and M. C. Adler & Associates.
- University of Wisconsin Development Board Member Wisconsin Alzheimer Institute.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, with a major in Communications and minors in Coaching and Sports Medicine from the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater.
Additional Helpful Services
Midwest is also in contact with various professionals (completely independent from Midwest) who may help to support your investment needs. Midwest does not receive from (or pay to) any company compensation for referrals or services rendered. Please see partial list below:
Segue Special Situations Group LLC
Contact J Bernard Fiedler, thirty-years’ experience. Certified Financial Planner®, Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA), Accredited Investment Fiduciary®, and Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst®.
Witt Actuarial Services, LLC
Contact Scott Witt, twenty-five years’ experience. Member, American Academy of Actuaries and Fellow, Society of Actuaries.®
Trust and Estate Planning
Accounting and Tax Services
Midwest Asset Management, Inc.
8383 Greenway Blvd., Suite 600
Middleton, WI 53562 USA
All content copyright © 2021 Midwest Asset Management, Inc. All rights reserved.